Hi I am Jenny and this is my chic blog! I constantly have my nose buried in a fashion magazine or am online browsing the latest trends. This blog is for all those fashionistas, like me, who are natural born bargain hunters and instantaneously reach for their cute T.J. Maxx purse when they hear the word "sale." There is nothing worse, though, than falling in love with a dress in a magazine that is supposed to be "a steal" and seeing the price read $500. Who has that kind of money to spend on a dress? That’s where this blog comes in! This blog will update you on the latest trends and styles, but at prices "normal" people can afford!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What not to Wear... Barbie Style

While sitting down with my little cousin yesterday I asked her what Santa brought her for Christmas this year. She responded by saying "some new Barbie clothes" and then dashed into the other room to grab her bag full of the mini styles. As she emptied the ziplock bag I soon became aware of how far Barbie's clothes had come. I mean we are talking "diamond" encrusted stilettos here people! I of course immediately started dressing the Barbies and combing their platinum blond hair. While reliving my childhood memories with my cousin I decided that a Barbie photo shoot was in order. One of the Barbies below is wearing a what we like to call "what not to wear" outfit and the other is rather stylish. I hope these pics help in your future fashion endeavors!


 
This is the "what not to wear" look.
We have a "bumped" Snooki hairstyle, hot pink go-go boots with tights, and an uber scandalous romper. Barbie is stuck in her 80's workout attire and it should have never left the gym.

Here is Barbie's transformation look!
Barbie is wearing a glamorous purple mini halter dress. Still a little revealing, but I mean it's Barbie... when ya got it flaunt it! Then we have a little faux fur wrap and some chic wedges. The hair down and with bangs frames her face nicely and the sparkly bangle is a nice touch!

Here is a close up on the sparkly wedges... they need to make these in my size!

And this one is just for giggles... take a look at the dinosaur background and Barbie's 
fraternal twin Peggy!




No comments:

Post a Comment